Sunday, October 26, 2008

Entertainment Rag Mags Have Remarkable Function

Not too long ago I wrote an entry into this blog about how I feel about pseudo celebrity. In particular, it had to with people like Nicole Richie who don't have any actual talent but get to be celebrities because the garbage business of tabloid journalism believes that common folk like us want to read boring clips about them.

Well, the reason I knock them so much is because my wife does love those magazines. She must bring home one a week because they are cheap and quick reading. In a lot of ways they are junk food for the mind. I get it.

So I asked her the other day, why not just get one once a month or even once every few months since she really doesn't need them. She gave me a great answer and I didn't realize until recently the true function that these garbage magazines served. She said they are fun and they make for great reading on the toilet.

That was it! The actual purpose of these pseudo entertainment magazines were right in front of me and I was missing it all along. This kind of entertainment she be dubbed toilet entertainment. The reason for that is because it is entertaining while you are sitting on the toilet. Then I realized that wasn't completely accurate.

Sure you can read them while you are on the toilet but let's face it, they are not very entertaining. A lot of the stuff in there is actually pretty boring because it is about boring people. Then something remarkable happened. My wife brought one of these things home and showed me an article about somebody else I never heard of while I was sitting on our couch in the den. Immediately upon looking at the article I felt like I had to go to the bathroom. That's it!

Not only are these magazine toilet entertainment, they help you to go to the toilet! These magazines are more effective than ex lax. It was an amazing thing to realize that my body had so associated the looking at these magazines with the toilet, that the mere appearance of one would make me feel like I had to go. There it is. The true purpose of these publications. Since realizing this, I have been able to ease back on the amount of fibre I have in my diet. You should try it.

No comments:

Arts & Entertainment Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory